The Hastel WiCOM-Fuel provides a reliable, long range wireless solution for a wide range of fuel measuring and monitoring applications.
Already successfully integrated into client applications, the WiCOM offers a cost-effective solution to generator hire companies, fuel suppliers, lubricant oil distributors, water companies and OEMs among others.
- Unique magnetically coupled gauge for small diesel tanks.
- Pressure transducer for high accuracy measurements in large tanks
- Communicates with all our radio enabled equipment
- Long range (up to 4 kilometers line of sight)
- Licence free operation on 2.4GHz (802.15.4 LR-WPAN) - see FAQ below
- 16 channels
- 2.405 GHz to 2.480 GHz
- 9.6V battery pack
- 5 years battery life (average transmission interval)
User Defined Parameters
- Transmission interval (factory set on user request)
- How often is the fuel level transmitted?
Typically once every five minutes
- Doesn't WiFi interfere with your device?
The short answer is no! The longer answer is that it is designed to co-exist. Both WiFi and the CSMA-CA scheme used on 802.15.4 look for clear spaces to transmit into and therefore avoid 'collisions'.
- Can the transmissions be seen or hacked?
channels are different from WiFi and can't be snooped on by domestic equipment. In addition the very short bursts would be hard to capture and finally 128bit encryption may be employed.
- The range seems long compared to my network at home, why?
The performance of the 802.15.4 transmission is between 7 and 18 dB better than that of 802.11b. This can be directly translated to a range increase from 2 to 8 times the distance for the same energy per bit, or an exponential increase in reliability at any given range. We also use the highest permissable levels of power.